Tacos are one of our favorites, but the salt can add up fast. So this is my version, I hope you like it; approximately 230 MG’s per Taco X 2 = 460 MG’s in this meal.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- White corn tortillas ~ I found some with ZERO MG’s
- Fry tortillas in oil to soften, don’t over fry you want them soft and flexible.
- Put one tortilla in a small ramekin dish, line the bowl, try to keep the tortilla whole, they will tear easy. Set the bowls aside.
- 1 lb. Ground beef, brown and drain excess grease.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. Of flour
- add 1 tbsp. Of ground red chil and 1 cup of water
- add to taste: garlic powder, onion powder, no salt, cumin, white pepper
- Stir till well combined, bring to a small boil, turn to low, sauce will thicken. Don’t over cook or your meat will be dry.
- In each bowl put a serving size of meat mixture in the middle.
- Top with sheedded cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, a little cheese on top.
- Place bowls on a cookie sheet and place sheet in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, or long enough to melt cheese.
- Pull from oven and top with my salsa.
- Salsa ZERO MG’s
- In your food processor add ~ 16 oz can of no salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of green powdered chili or 5 roasted chili diced
- add to taste ~ garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, no salt, cilantro, black ground pepper
- chop to desired thickness.