I have recently started following Cooking Light on my Facebook! There are so many recipes I want to try, this salad in the first experience. What attracted me to this one was how simple and clean it is. I always want to find stuff that doesn’t take a lot of time, I work hard and a lot and if things take too long I will walk away. Another thing is … bland. Yes ~ removing salt can make things bland if you don’t make a few adjustments. One of these is aggressively spicing things up. I do this with many on the great Mrs. Dash blends. This salad is packed with flavor, it does call for salt, if you use salt you are looking at 124 MG’s per serving, I opted out of salt, this is something I am committed to! I substituted with No Salt, and salt free sunflower seeds!
Here you go! Happy eating, be prepared to have a party in your mouth!
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (I only use Grade A ~ no sodium)
- ½ teaspoon of stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (it called for grapeseed oil, but the price scarred me!)
- ¼ teaspoon of No Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
Salad – toss together these four ingredients, then toss above with the dressing – serves 6, 10 MGs per serving, gotta love this! Let the party begin!
- 7 cups of Arugula
- 2 cups of red grapes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons of roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme