Camping for me requires simple dinners, so when I found Gorgonzola burgers I was excited! We tried them without all the hoopla, there was cheese, basil and spices so no need to melted cheese, slice lettuce or onion. And besides traveling with added stuff was exactly what I was not going to. We now have these during the week after work heat the grill (no messy pan), not cutting or slicing, and chips. Keeping it simple … If this is calling to you keep reading.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef 65 MG’s for 3 oz.
- Private Selection Gorgonzola Cheese 1/2 the container 320 MG’s.
- Basil fresh from my herb garden
- Grill … We go for medium or less, the less fat in your meat the less time on the grill. Don’t overcook 🙂
- Bread make your choice … I like my homemade buns but in a pinch sandwich thins work if you have sodium MG’s left.
You can use mustard, the safest condiment that I have found or try my special sauce!
Special Sauce …. Whisk together
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce 40 MG’s
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp ground mustard 60 MG’s
- 1 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- Mrs Dash Onion Blend (I go heavy on the spices).
- Pour over hamburger on bottom bun.