Another Silva favorite …
I’m plugging “Colorado Classique”, this is one of the best cook books around, I have tried many recipes. Try the Sangria, Mojitos, Chicken Torilla Soup ✳️, chicken salad sandwich, stuffed porabella mushroom ✳️, and I can go on and on! Trust BUY it add it to your kitchen!
I have missed this dish and tonight I decided to make it without salty chaos. I will begin with Italian sausage … This is very high in sodium. So I picked up a pound of natural ground pork, 60 MG’s for 4 oz. My dish serves six so about 40 MG’s per serving of Rigatoni. Total MG’s in this dish is < 200 MG’s
Here is my version ~ heat oven to 375 *
- Brown the pork in EVOO, season to taste with Italian Seasoning, dried onion and Mrs. Dash Extra spicy.
- Is a 3 quart sauce pan add 1 large can organic salt free crushed tomatoes, 1 16 oz can crushed tomato 40 MG’s per serving 1 small can of no salt tomato paste, season to taste with garlic and onion powder, Italian seasoning, basil, Mrs. Dash Italian Blend. I spice my sauce, I miss salt in this one. Bring to a small boil, turn down the heat.
- Add cooked pork to sauce and simmer the sauce.
- Cook your Rigatoni, I don’t add salt or oil.
- Slice zucchini, 3 small units washed.
- Cut stems off fresh spinach and wash, I used a fist full from my bundle.
- I used about 1 cup of Italian blend cheese. 100 MG’s per serving.
- Now layer your baking dish … Spray bottom with olive oil than a thin layer of sauce. Your layers ~ noodles, sauce, zucchini, spinach, cheese. Keep going until you run out of ingredients, I had 3 layers.
- Cover with no stick foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. I don’t like mushy veggies so I changed the bake a bit and reduced it by 5 minutes.
- Let in rest before serving.