Camping for me requires simple dinners, so when I found Gorgonzola burgers I was excited! We tried them without all the hoopla, there was cheese, basil and spices so no need to melted cheese, slice lettuce or onion. And besides traveling with added stuff was exactly what I was not going to. We now have these during the week after work heat the grill (no messy pan), not cutting or slicing, and chips. Keeping it simple … If this is calling to you keep reading.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef 65 MG’s for 3 oz.
- Private Selection Gorgonzola Cheese 1/2 the container 320 MG’s.
- Basil fresh from my herb garden
- Grill … We go for medium or less, the less fat in your meat the less time on the grill. Don’t overcook 🙂
- Bread make your choice … I like my homemade buns but in a pinch sandwich thins work if you have sodium MG’s left.
You can use mustard, the safest condiment that I have found or try my special sauce!
Special Sauce …. Whisk together
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce 40 MG’s
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp ground mustard 60 MG’s
- 1 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- Mrs Dash Onion Blend (I go heavy on the spices).
- Pour over hamburger on bottom bun.
Yum!!! And my guy liked this meal! I have always enjoyed wonder roast deli chicken. They make dinner easy, and can be used for many things. But the salt content is pretty high. Today I took the time to roast my own chicken. I picked up a Simple Truth whole chicken from King Soopers with the intent of putting it in the grill with a beer. First time for everything right, I just couldn’t get past the grease thing, so in the oven it went. And here’s how I prepared it … Preheat oven to 375
- A whole chicken, Simple Truth 75 MG’s for 4 oz. cleaned and prepared with olive oil, Mrs Dash Chicken for Grilling, and 5-pepper Private Selection Grinder. Cover with foil and place in oven for 1-1.5 hours, internal temp needs to be 165 degrees. Uncover and leave in oven long enough to brown chicken.
- Stir Fry Squash – 1 yellow squash, 1 zucchini, 1 onice diced, minced garlic, 1 cup frozen corn, olive oil, fresh cilantro,fresh green chilies (4) diced, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and No Salt. For spices, I am aggressive with this this. I have want flavor! Stir fry, I look for the onion to be transparent and than firmness of veggies. I don’t like them to be squishy! NO SALT HERE! Yea!!!!
White rice – 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, 1 tbsp of Mrs Dash Original and 1 cup of rice. NO SALT HERE! Yea!!!
Dinner rolls, I made my white bread recipe for a 2 lb. loaf on the dough cycle in my bread machine. I divided the dough and made 1 loaf of bread and 12 small dinner rolls. 12 MG’s per roll. I used 1/8 tsp of salt in my dough the summer weather is playing havoc on my bread, but as you can see this entire meal is about 110 MG’s of salt!
Many people have asked if I have tried it and yes I have and its YUMMY! Try it at your next gathering, it’s light, refreshing, tasty and a bit of a kick to it! Let me know what you think …
- 1 -1/2 cups of chopped avocado (chop 2 up and make the measuring easy!)
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp. of minced fresh cilantro
- Jalapeno seeded and chopped (how much heat can you handle? Add it in!)
- 2 tsp. of fresh lime juice
- Spices … garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and pinch No Salt
Mix it all together and serve with your favorite Low Salt tortilla chip! Your guest will LOVE THIS ONE! Photo by jSilva Photography
Fresh veggies are my way of life, they have little or no salt, they haven’t been processed and when you are limited to 1500 MG’s a day they become a safe haven so to speak. Stir fries are great, I love them. To add any sauce to them though means adding salt. Be careful with these!!! Most have soy sauce, and the amount of salt is soy sauce is CRAZY! You can easily consume 1500 MG’s with just this. Does this mean you can’t have it, not necessarily but when planning your day, do you really want to waste your milligrams with one item? I have made the choice to say NO to soy sauce. Kona Coast Pineapple Teriyaki is awesome and this one has a lower amount of sodium, 260 MG’s per tablespoon.
- Pick your veggies, pictured in dish are ~ 3 jalapeño’s, 2 yellow squash, 3 peppers (red, green and orange), cherry tomatoes. Slice and dice these to your choice of size, I went with large chunks.
- Olive Oil
- 1 5 oz. chicken breast (maybe more or less depending on your plan) about 125 MG’s
- Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, and Garlic
- Mrs. Dash Italian Medle
- Rice – prepared with Mrs. Dash Table blend, with chopped peppers and onion (1/4 cup of each). I use the frozen type. (I used coconut oil in place of butter.
- Kona Coast Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce 1300 MG’s
Cube your chicken and fry in olive oil over medium heat, seasoned with cracked pepper and No Salt. Remove from pan. Add veggies seasoned with Mrs. Dash spices, season to taste. I load it to take away the bland taste the best I can. Fry veggies to your preference. Add the chicken back in, fry together for a few minutes. Add 5 tablespoons of Kona Coast, fry for a few more minutes; heat the dish through.
Plate the stir fry on top of your rice and serve. This makes 4 servings, so your MG’s is about 356!
Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
Fresh chopped veggies
Fry in olive
Another Silva favorite …
I’m plugging “Colorado Classique”, this is one of the best cook books around, I have tried many recipes. Try the Sangria, Mojitos, Chicken Torilla Soup ✳️, chicken salad sandwich, stuffed porabella mushroom ✳️, and I can go on and on! Trust BUY it add it to your kitchen!
I have missed this dish and tonight I decided to make it without salty chaos. I will begin with Italian sausage … This is very high in sodium. So I picked up a pound of natural ground pork, 60 MG’s for 4 oz. My dish serves six so about 40 MG’s per serving of Rigatoni. Total MG’s in this dish is < 200 MG’s
Here is my version ~ heat oven to 375 *
- Brown the pork in EVOO, season to taste with Italian Seasoning, dried onion and Mrs. Dash Extra spicy.
- Is a 3 quart sauce pan add 1 large can organic salt free crushed tomatoes, 1 16 oz can crushed tomato 40 MG’s per serving 1 small can of no salt tomato paste, season to taste with garlic and onion powder, Italian seasoning, basil, Mrs. Dash Italian Blend. I spice my sauce, I miss salt in this one. Bring to a small boil, turn down the heat.
- Add cooked pork to sauce and simmer the sauce.
- Cook your Rigatoni, I don’t add salt or oil.
- Slice zucchini, 3 small units washed.
- Cut stems off fresh spinach and wash, I used a fist full from my bundle.
- I used about 1 cup of Italian blend cheese. 100 MG’s per serving.
- Now layer your baking dish … Spray bottom with olive oil than a thin layer of sauce. Your layers ~ noodles, sauce, zucchini, spinach, cheese. Keep going until you run out of ingredients, I had 3 layers.
- Cover with no stick foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. I don’t like mushy veggies so I changed the bake a bit and reduced it by 5 minutes.
- Let in rest before serving.
Salmon is such a super food, and we eat it often. This recipe is delicious!
- 3 oz Salmon 65 MG’s
- 1 tbsp of Kono Coast Marinade 280 MG’s
- I marinaded for about 30 minutes
- I pan fried it in Olive Oil, watch your heat this will burn.
- I tossed frozen broccoli and cauliflower in some water with Mrs Dash Table Blend and boiled them.
- I made a batch of white rice with Table Blend as well.
- There’s dinner … 345 MG’s.